Ingredients: makes 4
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled and chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 4 tbsp fresh spice chica chimichurri
- 1/3 cup chickpeas, drained
- 4tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 red chilli, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 balls buffalo mozzarella, drained
Preheat oven to 375°C. Place squash pieces on large baking tray. Toss with 1tbsp of the olive oil and some salt and pepper. Bake for 20 minutes, until golden (remember to shake the pan at about halftime to keep it from sticking).
Heat remaining oil in a pan. Add the, peppers,chick peas,onions, garlic and chilli and cook until golden. Remove from the heat and pour in the vinegar and honey. Whisk together and set aside.
Transfer the warm pumpkin to a large serving dish. Add spoons of chimichurri, then rip the mozzarella into small chunks and arrange over. Pour the warm dressing over the salad and serve.