Truffles are wonderfully versatile, lending themselves well to meals at any time of day. Try our quick and easy recipes to impress family and friends!
Breakfast – Truffle scrambled eggs
• Heat some butter in a small, non-stick frying pan
• Beat 3 free range eggs and season with salt and pepper
• Pour mixture into the frying pan and using a spatula, push the egg on the outer edges into the middle until all of the egg is set
• Serve the egg on a plate and scatter truffle shavings over the top (Truffle salt and truffle oil can be used as a replacement for fresh truffles)
Lunch – Potato, celery and truffle oil soup
• Fry one chopped white onion in a medium sized pot until translucent
• Add in the pot 500g of peeled and diced potatoes, 500g of celery peeled and diced and 1 litre of vegetable stock and season with thyme and pepper.
• Bring to the boil and simmer for about 40 minutes.
• Now add 100ml of cream and bring back to the boil.
• Purée the mixture in a food processor.
• Season carefully adding 3-4 tablespoons of truffle oil.
Dinner – Truffle Pasta
• Cook fresh pasta in a large pan of boiling salted water for 1 – 2 minutes or until al dente.
• Meanwhile make the sauce by gently heating up 300ml of cream in a large frying pan on low heat.
• Separate the yolk of one large egg and whisk it into the frying pan.
• Grate 60g of parmesan and stir it into the frying pan.
• Season well with salt and pepper
• Using tongs loosely drop the drained pasta into the sauce and toss well.
• Serve with shavings of truffle and parmesan and a few drops of truffle oil. (Truffle salt and Truffle oil and be used as a replacement for fresh truffles)
Regardless of whether you have shavings of fresh truffle over risotto, or pasta infused with truffle oil, you can be sure to expect a unique and unforgettable flavour that will have the entire table yearning for more.