Sometimes it can be hard to stop our food cravings, especially if we’re stressed or when don’t eat healthy food. If you need to eat something sweet, you should try these raw cacao bals, they taste incredibly good and you only need a few ingredients to make them.
There are so many ingredients you can use and or replace to make these bites: spices (like cinnamon or nutmeg), seeds, superfoods or dried fruits.
The balls will be ready in only 5 minutes and you can eat them immediately. You just have to place the nuts in a food processor or a powerful blender and blend until they form a crumbly mixture, add the dates and the raw cacao (unsweetened cocoa powder is okay) and blend again. Make balls with your hands and they’re ready to serve!
If you can’t make the balls because the dough is too sticky, you can add more nuts or let the dough stand in the freezer for 10 or 15 minutes, although if it happens, the balls will be easier to make if your hands are wet. If it’s too dry, add more dates.
I love raw cacao because is much nutritious and healthier than processed cocoa powder. It’s more expensive, but it has a strong flavor, so you need to use less. Unsweetened cocoa powder can also be used.
ingredients: 12 pieces
- 1 cup hazelnuts or almonds orwalnuts (115 g)
- 1 cup Medjool dates (200 g)
- 2 tbsp raw cacao
- Place the walnuts in a food processor or a powerful blender (food processors work better) and blend until they have a crumbly texture.
- Add the dates and the cacao and blend again.
- Make balls with your hands and they’re ready to serve.
- You can store the bites in a sealed container at room temperature, although we prefer to keep them in the fridge, especially in summer.