1 package (2-piece) naan bread
1/2 cup pizza sauce,recipe below
1/2 cup shredded part-skim Mozzarella cheese
about 4 cups chopped colorful veggies (I used broccoli florets, green peppers, yellow peppers, orange peppers, grape tomatoes, red onions and thinly-sliced purple potatoes)
2 tsp. olive oil
1 tsp. Italian seasonings
HOW TO DO IT:
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Lay out both pieces of naan in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Divide pizza sauce between the two pieces of naan, and use a spoon to spread it over the top of the naan. Sprinkle the cheese on top of the pizza sauce. Then layer the veggies in a rainbow pattern on top of the cheese. Drizzle or mist each pizza with a bit of olive oil.
Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the veggies are cooked and the crust is slightly golden. Remove pizzas from oven, and sprinkle with optional toppings if desired. Slice and serve warm.
HOME MADE PIZZA SAUCE:
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 3 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil (or 1 tsp. dried basil)
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. dried marjoram
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- pinch of cayenne
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat until bubbles begin to rise (and pop) at the surface. Reduce heat, cover, and let simmer for another 15 minutes.
- Serve warm. Or you can also freeze this to use later. (I love freezing it in ice cube trays so that you can choose how much you want to thaw and use later!)