Easy and healthy; you are going to love these open faced avocado sandwiches!
For the Sandwiches/Spread:
- Fresh bread sliced into 8 to 10 half-inch slices (8-10 slices of bread)
- 2 Ripe Avocados pittend and peeled
- 1/8 tsp salt or to taste (we love sea salt)
- 1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Black pepper to taste optional
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil to drizzle over the top
Fantastic Topping options
- Eggs sunny side up
- Fresh Spinach rinsed and dried
- Baby Tomatoes sliced
- Fresh cilantro sprigs
- Radishes thinly sliced
- In a medium bowl, mash together 2 ripe avocados. A potato masher is the fastest route.
- Stir 1/8 tsp salt (or to taste) and 1 tsp fresh lemon juice into the mashed avocados until well combined.
- Lightly toast your sliced bread (if desired) with a small pat of butter until the edges are golden brown.