Make ahead of time, or the morning before you start grilling.
- 2 bunches of fresh parsley (de-stem them first)
- 2 springs of thyme (de-stem them too)
- 2 green onions (scallions)
- 4 or 5 freshly peeled garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of crushed chili flake
- 3/4 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 1 freshly squeezed lemon (juice only)
- 2 cups of mild olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients in a bowl, and let it macerate in the fridge. Serve with one spoon for everyone at the table to pass along and share.
Should you have any leftovers, chimichurri will keep for days in the fridge.