A deliciously fresh and lightweight pasta bursting with Chimichurri Chicken flavor for an easy pasta dinner everyone will love!
WHICH PASTA TO USE? perfect with fettuccine, spaghetti, linguine, or really any of your favorite noodles – it’s even great over macaroni!
WHAT IS CHIMICHURRI
Chimichurri is a bright, fresh, and flavorful sauce hailing from Argentina that is primarily made out of garlic, herbs, olive oil, and vinegar. It works great as a dressing, as a sauce, and even as a marinade – for a fabulous multi-purpose sauce that is as pretty as it is delicious.
CHIMICHURRI CHICKEN PASTA
INGREDIENTS (3-4 guests)
GRILLED CHICKEN: 1 lb chicken breast, diced into 1″ cubes
PASTA: 24 oz fettuccine, sliced
CHIMICHURRI: The Spice Chicca jar – use 10-12 table spoons (125 ml or half the jar) and more if you wish
- Heat a large, heavy skillet on high heat.
- Toss raw diced chicken in 4 tbsp of prepared chimichurri sauce as a marinade as grill comes to temperature. (Don’t toss chicken in the sauce, remove a bit to add to the raw chicken to prevent cross contamination.)
- When pan is hot, toss chicken in pan and sauté, stirring occasionally, until browned and cooked through to an internal temperature fo 165 degrees- about 6 minutes.
- Add water to a large stock pot and bring to boil.
- Generously salt water and add in pasta.
- Cook pasta to just under al dente (should be flexible but with a bit of crunch still.)
- Remove 1 cup of pasta water and add to pan with chicken, bring to a boil.
- Drain pasta and add to pan with chicken and boiling pasta water.
- Stir in 4 tbsp. chimichurri sauce and toss as pasta water cooks down.
- Taste and add up to 1-2 tbsp. more chimichurri sauce, depending on your taste.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese and serve.