The first step is to remove as much moisture as you can from the zucchinis. To do this, sprinkle zucchinis with a generous amount of salt. Set aside for 20 minutes. Then squeeze out all the water using your hands. Set aside.
Heat oil in a frying pan. Add zucchini and carrots. Cook until the veggies are tender.
- Now add all the spices. Minced ginger, minced garlic, ground turmeric, ground cumin, garam masala, red chili powder. Mix well. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Leave to cool slightly.
- Place cooled zucchini mixture, dried rosemary, and bread crumbs in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Make small balls out of the mixture. used a little more than 1 tbsp for each ball. Place them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Bake in a preheated oven for 40-45 minutes.
INGREDIENTS: 4 ppl
- 2 ½ cups grated zucchini
- 1 ½ cups grated carrot
- 3 tsp oil
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- ¼ tsp dried rosemary
- ½ cup breadcrumbs (gluten-free option)
- Rice flour
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chimichurri, Chipotle aioli, or any sauce of your choice, to serve