“If you close your eyes, it tastes like a beautiful, tropical, sunny beach vacation.” Though the recipe isn’t quite magical enough to transport you the tropics, it’ll leave you feeling awake and full of life—just like a real vacation. We also love that there are tons of options to change up the flavor, so feel free to play around with fruits and your milk of choice.
With less than 8 ingredients (and the addition of a few ice cubes), this recipe is a perfect option for busy mornings or a post-workout snack. Made with fresh spinach leaves (kale works too!), frozen kiwi chunks, banana, coconut milk, and a splash of orange juice, it’s both refreshing and filling. Plus, all you have to do is blend, and it’s good to chug.
- 1 cup fresh washed spinach leaves, packed (I generally use packaged, pre-washed baby spinach)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen or fresh kiwi or pineapple cubes
- 1/3 cup fresh washed parsley
- 1 sprinkle of fresh washed oregano
- 1/2 medium banana
- 3/4 cup light canned coconut milk (can substitute almond milk, but the end result might not be as creamy and won’t taste coconutty)
- 1/3 cup orange juice (or water)
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter (this adds a bit more more coconut flavor plus fiber and a little protein)
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds (these add some more fiber plus omega-3 fatty acids and a little protein)
- Chopped mango or coconut for topping
- Place all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth. Pour into glasses, add toppings if desired, and serve with a straw.