INGREDIENTS: (1 cake for about 6-8 ppl) total time 4-6 hrs
For The Base
- 7 oz. (200g) biscoff cookies
- 1/4 cup (50g) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (100g) butter, melted
For The Filling
- 3 cups (750ml) Milk (low fat)
- 1 1/3 cup (190g) rice pudding rice
- 3/4 cup (150g) sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract9 gelatin leaves
- 1 1/2 cups (350g) heavy whipping cream
For The Decoration
- fresh berries
- 1.For the base crush the biscoff cookies (for example in a freezer bag with a rolling pin). Add to a bowl with the brown sugar and the melted butter and mix until combined. Fill into a 7 inch (18cm) springform tin and press to the bottom. Let cool in the fridge until you need it again.
- 2.In a medium sized saucepan bring the milk to a boil. Add sugar, vanilla extract, and the rice pudding rice. Cover the pan and reduce the heat. Let the rice pudding soak for about 30 minutes. Stir occasionally so the rice does not burn.
- 3.Let the gelatin leaves soak in cold water for about 5-8 minutes. Squeeze the gelatin leaves to remove most of the water and add to the cooked rice pudding. Stir until the gelatin leaves have dissolved completely. Remove from heat and let cool down.
- 4.Beat the whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Add to the cooled (not warmer than lukewarm) rice pudding and fold in. Fill into the springform tin and place in the fridge for at least 4 hours, better over night to cool down completely. Decorate with fresh berries before serving.