WHAT MAKES THESE MAGIC BALLS SO GOOD FOR YOU?
- Animal products
- Refined sugars
INGREDIENTS: makes 10-14 pcs.
- 1½ cups finely shredded coconut, plus a little extra for garnish
- 3 tablespoons liquid honey (or maple syrup or coconut sugar)
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup good-quality, dark chocolate chips (or chopped
- Add the coconut, honey or maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla to a food processor, and process on high until the mixture sticks together. Form 12 – 1 inch balls, pressing them firmly with your hands. Don’t worry if some coconut oil squishes out, this is normal. No need to making them perfect at this point, just get them to stick together. Place the coconut balls in the fridge to harden for at least 1 hour.
- Gently melt the chocolate over very low heat. You could also use a microwave if you have one. Be very careful not to heat the chocolate quickly as it can burn, and the consistency will change.
- Take the balls out of the fridge and roll them in your hands again if you want them to be perfectly round. You can press quite firmly on them at this point.
- Working with one ball at a time, drop the ball into the chocolate and use a spoon to pour the chocolate over the ball so that it is completely covered in chocolate. Scoop the ball out of the chocolate using a fork and tap the fork on the edge of the pan to shake off any excess chocolate. Put the ball back on the tray, using another fork if necessary to help slide the ball off the fork. Continue until all the balls are covered in chocolate then sprinkle some coconut over top.