Ingredients: for 2 people
- 4 calamari squid tubes
- 50 g almond meal/flour
- 1 lemon zest
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the almond flour/meal with the lemon zest and salt/pepper.
- Slice the squid tubes into 1/2 inch / 1 cm slices.
- Roll the calamari rings in the lemon almond mix.
- Heat your oil of choice in a frying pan and fry on a gentle low heat for 1 minute each side until just cooked and the almonds have started to turn golden.
- Drizzle with a squeeze of lemon juice and lemon wedges to serve.