2 English cucumbers
3-4 cups sushi rice (or regular Japanese steamed rice)
Toppings of your choice:
4 oz cream cheese
2 semi-ripped avocado
4 oz caviar
4 oz Sashimi grade salmon
4 oz Sashimi grade yellowtail
4 ozsalmon roe Sashimi grade tuna
4 Tbsp Ikura (salmon roe)
10 Sashimi grade shrimp (amaebi)
1 green onion/scallion
Kaiware radish sprouts (for garnish)
1. Gather all the ingredients.
2. Slice the cucumber with peeler to make long thin strips.
3. Place shiso leaves (optional) on a serving platter and put the cookie cutter on top of a shiso leaf. Stuff sushi rice into the
cookie cutter about half way and remove the cutter gently. Roll the sushi cylinder with one strip of cucumber
slice to measure the circumference of the circle.
4. Make slits at the end of cucumber slice with knife as you see below. Now you can interlock the strip around
5. Fill in the cucumber wrapped sushi with your favorite toppings.
6. Slice the sashimi-grade fish perpendicular to the muscle (the white line you see in the fish) and place a few
slices in the cucumber cup.
7. Garnish with lemon and Daikon radish sprouts. Serve immediately.
ingredients are rough estimate.
All the sashimi-grade fish and seafood are from a local Asian/Japanese supermarket.
Equipment you will need:
1 round cookie cutter (I used one with 1¾ inch (4.5 cm) diameter)