- 3 cups (288g) Rolled Oats*
- 2 cups (160g) Dried Coconut
- 1/2 cup (112g) Vegan Butter
- 1 cup (200g) Sugar
- 1/2 cup (120ml) Soy Milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 1/3 cup (28g) Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Place the rolled oats and 1 cup (80g) of the dried (dessicated) coconut into a large bowl and mix together. Set aside.
- Add the vegan butter, sugar, soy milk, cocoa powder and salt into a saucepan and set it on medium to high heat. Stir constantly until butter melts and then whisk briefly if needed to remove any lumps.
- Continue stirring until the mixture boils and then leave it to boil for 1 minute without stirring.
- Remove from heat and add in the vanilla, then pour the whole mix over the rolled oats and coconut mix and stir together. Cover and refrigerate until completely cold (you can also put it in the freezer to speed things up if you like).
- Place the remaining 1 cup of dried (dessicated) coconut into a shallow bowl. Roll the chocolate mixture into balls and then roll the balls in the coconut until very well covered and then place onto a parchment lined baking tray.
- The balls will be a bit fragile, so press them firmly into a ball before rolling in the coconut.
- When you’ve finished rolling all the balls place the tray into the freezer for the balls to set. This is also where you’ll store them as they remain perfect in the freezer.