Mango tiramisu is a fruity version of the classic Italian dessert. Layers of ladyfingers, mascarpone mixture and mango slices are finished off with cocoa and some fresh mango slices.
Ingredients (4-6 ppl)
- 5tsp Coffee (strong): instant, decaf are ok options
- 7 ounce Ladyfingers (200g, about 20pcs)
- 2 cups Fresh Mango Pieces
- 12 ounce Mascarpone Cheese (350g) or cream cheese
- 9 ounce Sour Cream or whipping cream
- 4 tbsp Sugar
- Prepare the coffee. Let it cool completely.
- Meanwhile: Peel and cut mango in slices. set aside.
- To make the mascarpone mixture, combine the mascarpone with sour cream (or whipping cream) and vanilla + sugar in a mixing bowl. Mix this until smooth (either by hand or with an electric mixer).
- Get a loaf tin (or glass cake container) and line it with aluminum foil (see note 3). Pour the coffee into a shallow bowl/plate and quickly dip each ladyfinger in it. Cover the whole bottom of the tin with ladyfingers. Spread over about a third of the mascarpone mixture. Top this with ½ of the mango slices. Repeat the whole process until you used up everything.
- When done, chill the tiramisu in the fridge for at least 2 hours. Dust the top with cocoa powder right before serving. If you have some fresh mango slices left, use them to garnish the top.
- This dessert is best served chilled.
- I used about 20 ladyfingers to make this dessert. You might need more or less, depending on the size of your container.
- Make sure to quickly dip the ladyfingers in the coffee- meaning a split second will do it. The longer they are in the coffee, the soggier they get. We just want a hint of coffee flavor and not soggy sponge fingers before we even assemble the dessert.