INGREDIENTS CLASSIC FRENCH CREPES
1 1/4 cup milk
3 large eggs 2 tbsp oil or melted butter
2 tsp sugar for savory crepes, OR 2 – 3 tbsp sugar for sweet dessert crepes
1/2 tsp kosher salt
4 oz all purpose flour
INSTRUCTIONS MIXING WITH A WHISK
1. Place the milk and eggs in a jug/bowl. Whisk to combine (you should have about 2 cups of liquid).
2. Add the oil or butter and whisk it in.
3. Place the flour, salt and sugar in a large bowl.
4. Add about 3/4 – 1 cup of the liquid and mix gently to form a smooth paste. This should not take more than a few seconds. Take care not to over-mix.
5. Add the rest of the liquid and mix to form a smooth, watery batter.
6. Cover the batter and let it rest for at least 20 minutes. The batter can be kept in the fridge overnight as well