- 20 shrimp
- 10 clams
- 10 mussels
- 10 salchicha Catalana
- 500 grams pork
- 500 grams chicken
- 500 grams rabbitoptional
- 150 grams red pepper
- 150 grams green pepper
- 300 grams sofrito(onions, garlic, tomatoes)
- 1 kg Calasparra rice
- 2 lt fish stock
- 2 lt chicken stock
- 2 grams saffron
- 150 grams sweet peas
- 150 grams green beans
- 500 grams sea bass
- 1/4 olive oil
- In a large paella pan, cook the shrimp and sea bass until they are just done. Remove and set aside.
- Make a sofrito from the onions, tomatoes, and garlic, allowing it to cook for a while to deepen its flavor.
- Add the rice and olive oil, making sure the rice is well coated with oil. Add the stock and saffron and bring everything to a boil while scraping the bottom of the pan. Turn the heat down to a simmer and let the rice cook without stirring. This helps the rice form a soccrat, which is when it caramelizes on the bottom of the pan.
- As the rice starts to absorb the liquid add the rabbit, pork, chicken, and sausage based on the amount of time they will take to cook.
- Then add the red and green peppers, sweet peas, and green beans.
- When the rice has absorbed most of the liquid add the mussels and clams.
- Add the cooked seafood back to the paella before serving.
Salchicha Catalana is a white Catalan sausage.