The food choices you make in the morning affect the way you feel all day. Whether you skip breakfast and fast until lunch or eat first thing in the morning, avoiding sugar and carbs is your key to steady energy all day.
So what can you have for breakfast?
WE SAY – Protein, veg, and fat for steady energy and a happy gut. Protein gives you steady energy and brainpower while keeping you full for hours. Low starch veggies like greens, cucumber, and cauliflower offer fiber and micronutrients like magnesium, iron, and folate. And don’t skimp on the fat! Fat from grass-fed ghee or tofu or grass-fed meats will help your body absorb critical micronutrients from your food.
Ingredients (makes 2)
- 2 pastured eggs, poached (optional)
- 2 Paleo sausages, precooked or Tofu
- 1 cup cauliflower rice
- Grass-fed ghee for cooking or flax oil
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 sliced hot pepper
- 1 cut up corn
- 1/4 cucumber, sliced
- 2 handfuls organic leafy greens
- Garnish with; fresh herbs, sliced chilli, sliced spring onions, a wedge of lemon, salt to taste
- Heat a frying pan to medium heat.
- Add 1-2 tbsp. of the ghee (oil) and allow it to melt throughout the pan. Add the cauliflower rice and cook until desired.
- Place the leafy greens onto a plate or large bowl.
- When the cauliflower rice is ready, place it alongside the leafy greens.
- Add the sausages (tofu) to the same frying pan to reheat.
- Meanwhile, add the avocado, sliced cucumber and poached eggs on top of the cauliflower rice and leafy greens, arranging however you like.
- When the sausages are done, place them alongside the rest of the ingredients in the bowl.
- Sprinkle your garnishes on top, Bravo!