“This easy, beautiful salad recipe is absolutely bursting with fresh herby flavour ”.
Ingredients: 2 ppl
- 2 x 200 g 21-day matured quality rib-eye steaks
- olive oil
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary , leaves picked and chopped
- ½ tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic , cut in half
- 100 g mixed salad leaves
- 1 lemon , juice of it
- 4-6 cubes mozzarella, 1″ cubes
- Lay the steaks on a chopping board and rub with a little olive oil. Season and sprinkle with the rosemary and oregano. Cover with greaseproof paper and bash lightly with a rolling pin or the bottom of a saucepan until the steaks are slightly flattened out and the herbs and seasoning are nicely pressed into the meat.
- Put a large griddle pan on a high heat and,lay the steaks in it, side by side. Cook for about 4 minutes each side, for a medium steak, or a little longer if you like your meat more cooked. Lift the steaks out of the pan and leave to rest somewhere warm.
- Spoon a tablespoon of chimichurri on to each of two warm plates and smear out across the plate with the back of the spoon. Place a steak (cut in 1: thick slices as in picture if desire) on each plate and pour any resting juices over the top.
- In a mixing bowl, toss the salad leaves with the lemon juice, a squirt of olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Divide the salad between the plates and serve. Add 1″cubes of mozzarella cheese (optional).