For the crust: makes 12 mini tarts and ready in 1 hr.
3 tablespoons (42 grams) refined coconut oil, softened 2 tablespoons (40 grams) honey 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon 3/8 teaspoon salt 1 1/2 cups (150 grams) blanched almond flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F (175 °C) and get out a 12-cup muffin pan. No need to grease it.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the coconut oil, honey, cinnamon and salt. Add the almond flour and stir until well combined. The dough will be crumbly but should stick together when pinched.
- Divide the dough between the 12 molds (18 grams per cup) and press the dough over the bottom and only about 1/4 or 1/3 up the sides.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from the oven and run a knife around the sides of the tarts (this makes dislodging them later easier). Let sit for 10 minutes or until they’ve hardened and are easy to remove. They should pop right out with the help of a knife.
- Let cool completely and then place in the refrigerator for about 20-30 minutes or until firm. Fill with anything shortly before serving. .